Subject: Assessment of laboratory capacity related to arboviruses
From: "SOHO" <[email-masked]>
To: "Martina Brix-Zuleger" <[email-masked]>, "Teresa Sattler" <[email-masked]>, "Hanna Vanderzeypen" <[email-masked]>, "Alienor Hanthazi" <[email-masked]>, "Maya Serafimova" <[email-masked]>, "Cvetelina Nikolova" <[email-masked]>, "GELO NINA" <[email-masked]>,Tamara Tramišak <[email-masked]>,Marija Zekušić <[email-masked]>,Marina Premužić <[email-masked]>, "Carolina Stylianou" <[email-masked]>, "Ioulieta Liatsou" <
Cc: "SOHO" <[email-masked]>, "Country Cooperation" <[email-masked]>, "NC_CCB_Austria" <[email-masked]>, "sigrid.kiermayr" <[email-masked]>, "Koen Blot" <[email-masked]>, "Belgium Generic Email Box - Coordinating Competent Body" <[email-masked]>, "Julien Sohier" <[email-masked]>, "getsova" <[email-masked]>, "Iva Christova" <[email-masked]>, "Krunoslav Capak" <[email-masked]>, "bernard.kaic" <[email-masked]>,Ivan Mlinarić <[email-masked]>, "Elisavet Constantinou" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2025 18:30:11 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

Dear SoHO-Net NFPs for Tissues and Cells, and Medically Assisted 
Reproduction (MAR),

In preparation for the SoHO-Net Tissues and Cells, and MAR group meeting 
scheduled for 14 and 15 October 2025, we would be interested to know about 
your approach to arboviruses testing in your country. The replies will be 
summarised and presented to support the discussion at the meeting and will 
also be included in the meeting report.

The aim of this survey is to obtain an overview of the laboratory capacities 
to test SoHO donors for arboviruses in EU/EEA countries, and how the testing 
is organised. A more detailed survey, including testing methods, will be 
sent out later during the development of the ECDC guidelines for 
arboviruses. The responses to this survey may be used to inform the drafting 
of the upcoming survey on testing strategies for arboviruses.

Please complete the survey once per country and per respective field as NFP 
(tissues and cells and/or MAR). The link to the survey can be forwarded to 
your National Competent Authority if more information is needed.

The survey takes approximately 10 minutes to fill and can be found here:

https://redcap.ecdc.europa.eu/surveys/?s=WKETW4KXWJMLALCY

To allow us to provide feedback from the survey result at the meeting, we 
kindly ask for your participation in the survey before 17 September.

Overview of the survey: Four questions regarding testing and laboratory 
capacity for arboviruses (Zika, West Nile, dengue, chikungunya, 
Crimean-Congo haemorrhagic fever and tick-borne encephalitis virus) in your 
country:

*	Do you test for these viruses?
*	How is the testing organised?
*	What is the laboratory capacity?
*	Is deferral the preferred strategy due to the lack of laboratory capacity?

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at 
[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Thank you for your collaboration.

Kind regards,

ECDC SoHO Team

European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)

Gustav III:s boulevard 40, 169 73 Solna, Sweden

Phone +46 (0)8 58 60 10 00

 <https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/> www.ecdc.europa.eu

Follow ECDC on:

 <http://www.facebook.com/ECDC.EU>

 <https://bsky.app/profile/ecdc.europa.eu>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecdc>

 <http://www.youtube.com/user/ECDCchannel>

 <https://www.instagram.com/ecdc.eu>

 <https://www.threads.net/@ecdc.eu>

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL